This weekend was one of those that reminded me how amazing it is to be a child and how fortunate we are to get to relive this experience through the children in our lives. I have no pictures, because it was just one of those special weekends where you never think to break away and grab the camera.
Samantha's weekend began by getting to go to a party in her "Comfy's" (the word we started using so we could have lazy Sunday's in our Jammies and not have our 2-year old think she had to go to bed). She was so excited about mommy and sammy being in their comfy's and going somewhere she could not believe this was happening, her excitement made it a little easier to slink out of my car at the gas station, I said a little easier...
Sunday morning we woke up to a big smile and a request for a "Family Hug", this is the best part of a two-year old living in your home hugs are endless along with kisses and smiles. Sam asked to help mommy make breakfast and then asked to eat outside, she thinks there is nothing better in this world than a meal on the patio - and on a 65 degree morning who could argue?
Sunday night I sat and watched her run around in Payton's backyard in her underwear, and thought only at two do you get to do this and have no one judge you! Maybe I should explain why Sam was running around in her underwear, because there was water and any attempt to keep my little fish away from it was pointless and getting her swim suite would have required going back inside and that was not going to be okay.
These moments, along with others this weekend reminded me how wonderfully innocent our children get to be and how when given the oppotunity they will show you how simple life can be if you just take a moment to enjoy.
But my ahh moment came at the end of the weekend when my wonderful husband took Sam out into the yard and introduced her to the wonder of catching lightening bugs. I have never seen a smile so big or heard such a squeal as watching my amazing daughter and her daddy run after these little bugs and watch them light up the backyard.
For a minute I was able to forget about the boxes that needed to be packed, the kitchen that was a mess and the bath that was going to be skipped because my daughter had discovered a new part of her world in that short little time of a lightening bug turning on and then buzzing away and the thrill of chasing and daddy catching it in his hands.
Now if only lightening bugs could pack my boxes and clean my kitchen we would be in business...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a fun weekend - I know the feeling about forgetting the camera! I guess it's fun to just live in the moment sometimes.
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry, so many times as adults we do forget the little things in life and make washing a dish or edging the lawn the most important thing in our lives. don't let life pass you buy the dishes or what ever will always be there I can guarantee that. Your kids smile or bear butt will soon grow up. Nichole I'm so proud that you understood what that moment was all about and you write so beautifully. Something your dad passed on to you. I love you all....
ReplyDelete