Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo at the Zoo and other great stuff


So I am way behind this week and am finally getting around to posting our fun pictures from two weekends ago (Halloween is next)! :)On Friday (Oct. 23) we did a lot of different things. It was the two year memorial of my dad passing away so we started with a cup of coffee at 6:30 in the morning (my family did the same thing at the same time where they live). That night Sam had her Fall Festival at school so we went to that and afterward our good friends and old neighors joined us for dinner at Cracker Barrell (my dad's favortie restuarant because a group of 10 can be seated without a wait).
On Saturday we took Samantha, Payton and Maddie to Boo at the Zoo, all the mommy's went and Aunt Mary Kate joined us as well (thank goodness). It was an awesome girls day out! On Sunday we had our neighbors over and Sam and their daughter (she is 12 and so great with Sammie) and the girls dipped caramel apples. Sam loved it and I think Alexis liked it too.The pictures are in reverse order of the weekend, sorry!


Our finished Caramel Apples

Sam dipping her apple, she loved this. I had sprinkles too for them to dip in. I do not have a pic of Alexis for some reason.

Can you tell it's a pumpkin? Mary Kate and I got this wild idea after seeing the Rice Krispy commercial with the mom and two little girls!



Playing with rice krispy treats. It was sticky, but we all had fun!


At Boo at the Zoo! I told Sam to scream through the train tunnel. She makes funny faces!


Again through the tunnel pretending to be scared. I think Sam could win an Oscar. That is our friend Maddie looking to cute for words!


At the zoo, just a pretty back drop

More of the pretty tree...

This is our frined Cameron, is he not the cutest Giraffe!


The girls at Boo at the Zoo. This was NOT an easy picture to get. Left to right, Sammie, Payton & Maddie!


Sam in her costume at the start of the day and the great headband from Grammie


Sam after getting her face "painted" for the first time at the fall carnival. They use washable markers instead of paint :)
Sammie and one of her classmates, both beautiful princesses

Sammie and our adorable friend Tanner. She was not that happy when he first put the mask on.
Mom and Sammie having "coffee" for Papa Ron. Funny coffee story... Sam really wanted coffee so we gave her just a taste with a ton of milk and she took one sip and said, "Yuck, I do not like that pour it out!"
Daddy and Sammie toasting to Papa Ron. Marc even got a cup out that dad gave us to include his memory in the toast!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures of you all toasting your dad brought tears to my eyes! That was a very sweet way to remember him. I love the pictures of your boo at the zoo and Sam at school. It looks like you all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these pictures....

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive