Okay so I am really only posting this story because I have decided that I am going to print the blog into a book each year and this is how I am going to be able to remember certain stories.
So last night I picked Sam up from school about 5:30. I walked in the room, crowded with other parents picking up their little ones and Sam looked at me and smiled (okay so now you wonder why this is a post worthy story), well as soon as I said hi, her face dropped and she started sobbing.... When we asked what was wrong she ran to the back of the class and laid down on the floor crying, I don't want to leave. You can only imagine how my heart sank as she held on to Miss. Annie and cried about leaving. Well 30 mintues later I finally had her calm enough to get in the car, all the time swearing to anyone that saw her fit that she lives in a happy and healthy home :). One of the center managers did tell me that they have this happen and it should be reassuring to me that she finds daycare to be a fun and safe place.
She cried all the way home... when we finally got her to calm down we asked why she didn't want to come home and she told us because it was scary!?!? So of course we asked why is it scary and she informed us that the lightening got her. There was the AHHA moment! We had a lightening storm the night before that woke her up in a major way, so I guess my little 2 and half year old thought the lightening would still be there... Poor Sam and Poor Mommy... oh well all is good again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww - what a cute story to remember. That would have made me sad too, but good to know it was related to a storm, and hopefully once you got home and she realized the lightening was gone, all was well. BTW - I want you to post some more pics of the house! How about a tour??
ReplyDeleteLaura I will do a photo tour of the house next week when we finish putting up the holiday decorations! I was always going to and then never got around to it :)
ReplyDelete