Monday, March 7, 2011

21 Weeks - Oh My!

So I have not had much to blog on this month, things have just been really calm since Samantha's birthday, but then I realized a pregnancy update might be a nice thing to share. We are 21 weeks this week and so far all is good in our house. Samantha is excited to be a big sister and can not get enough of talking about the baby! It is fun because I get updates on development each Sunday so I sit down with her and show her the picture of what a baby at this stage looks like and how big it is (nice that they use veggies and fruit as references). She thinks it is so great, she has also started to notice my belly (getting harder not to) and asking loads of questions. So it has been a while since I did Sammisims, so here are a few baby related ones:

Afraid of the dark?

Sam: Mommy is it dark in your belly?
Me: Yes, the baby can see a little light
Sam: Is my baby afraid of the dark? I am
Me: No, the baby does not know the difference
Sam: Oh, I guess I was a big girl in your belly and not afraid

A Real Baby Now:
Me: Sam do you want to see what your baby looks like this week (around 11 weeks)
Sam: Yes! looks at picture Mommy my baby is a REAL baby now!

Brother or Sister?
Us: Samantha do you want a baby brother or sister
Sam: Sister
Us: What if it is a brother, remember God decides not us
Sam: That's okay I will just put him in a dress and call him a girl

Feeding the baby:
Sam: Mommy, if the baby is crying and you and daddy don't want to help my baby, I will just pick the baby up and feed it for you. Whew and here I thought Marc and I would have to do it all.

All in all she is going to be a great big sister and is already making sure to kiss my belly good night, good morning and good-bye every day!

3 comments:

  1. Great Sammisiams! SO cute. Can't believe you are already 21 weeks! Will you be finding out your baby's gender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she said if the baby is a boy she'll just put him in a dress! :) So funny! I want to know, too! Are you finding out what you are having?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive