Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kindergarten, ready or not!

Okay we were all really excited to start the new school year. I am pretty sure it helped that she had summer school this year and that was our warm-up! It was also super special because my mom is here visiting for 6 weeks, so she was able to celebrate with us (my mom misses a lot of milestones, so this was pretty cool). On Monday night we went to meet the teacher night (I am actually only adding this part because of a funny story from that night)! It was so fun to see the classroom and meet Mrs. White. During the conversation with her teacher we discovered that she was from Olathe, the through a few more questions we learned that she went to high school with me and Brandi at Olathe East! She was actually a lot younger than me, but her sister was the class of '99, so we knew a lot of the same people. What a small world!
The first day was a lot of fun. We had Sam's favorite for breakfast, pancakes, and then took her to school. Marc was even able to miss his back to school meetings to be there! After school we had a special prize and dessert for her! It was a great day and so far she is loving every day of school!
I offered to make different color pancakes and she told me no!

First day and all sassy!


she picked out her back pack this year, it is bigger than she is!


My attempt at a pinterest project :)

Kenzie was at daycare already...

I love pics like this of them!


Grammie was there!



I could hardly get her to stand still in front of the school. This was the best I was getting!

Mrs. White!

She found her cubby!

Okay mom, I am so over the pictures!

hmm... time to start


1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure if Samantha was the same age as our boys...kindergarten already! I can't get over how fast it came!! It looks like she had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive