So last weekend was great fun and I think best sumerized by Sam's comment at dinner on Sunday night, "mommy you wear me out!" We started our fun filled weeked on Friday night by meeting Sam's Godmother, Karen and her sister Alice for dinner. They then came over to the house to kill time until their cousin Christin arrived at 11:30. So the girls watched "Cinderella" and Marc went to bed. Samantha LOVED Cinderella, thanks for the great birthday present Aunt Karen.
On Saturday morning we got up and headed to Overland Park for brunch at Karen's apartment. She made us a lot of yummy food to get us ready for a day of bridesmaid and flower girl dress shopping. Samantha also got to make a new friend, Annalise, the other flower girl and daughter to Christine another bridesmaid.
So, can you guess what came next? Dress shopping and the girls were awesome! Tricia (our friend from high school and the fourth bridesmaid) joined us with her sweet little girl Brooklyn. The girls had so much fun looking at all the pretty dresses and seeing Aunt Karen in her princess dress. Once we bought our dresses (yeah they are so cute) we took Sam and Annalise over to Dillards to look for flower girl dresses and we had success!!!
From there, are you tired yet, I took Sam home to meet our babysitter. Marc and I had a fun birthday party to go to and Miss. Annie and her wonderful boyfriend Mr. Caleb took Samantha to Chuck-E-Cheese for the evening. This is the first time I have let someone that is not family take Sam on their own somewhere, big step but they did great and followed all of my rules :) Marc and I enjoyed the evening with friends to celebrate a 30th birthday.
So you would think this would be enough adventure in one weekend, right? Well then you don't know me very well, do you? On Sunday morning Samantha and I headed over for a playdate at her school friend Molly's house. Molly and Sam have been in either the same class or pod since they were 1 and this was the first time we got them together outside of school. They had so much fun and we can not wait to have Molly to our house to play, the best part is I made a new friend too!
Okay so now here is what you really want the pictures! You will not see any of our bridesmaid dresses, the only one I have is with Karen in it and she is in her dress, not spoiling it for anyone!
Alice keeping the girls entertained!
Sam loved Alice
Annalise and Sam before shopping
After two hours at the bridal shop these girls needed juice and sun!
End of the Bridal Shop... Sam, Annalise and Brooklyn
The girls in their way cute dresses
These bows are what sold us! So cute and Sam's shoes match! I went and got her a new pair right away to keep for the wedding!
Playing dress up. Sam has a tutu on under her dress...
Just a fun shot of play time. They were having tea.
Going for a wagon ride, what fun! Thanks Molly and Becky!










No comments:
Post a Comment