Thursday, June 10, 2010

Omaha Fun

This last weekend we took a wonderful family trip to Omaha. It was a fast trip, but Marc's whole family went so it was special. We all drove up on our own time Friday afternoon and met for dinner and a very yummy restaurant in Old Market, Twisted Fork, it was way cute! We then spent a little time exploring the shops and galleries before heading over to the largest footbridge in the country. Here is where Iowa and Nebraska connect. On Saturday we were up bright and early for the rain! We had planned to be at the zoo by 8:30, but it was raining so we ran and grabbed food to take with us and got to the zoo just as it stopped. If you have never been to the Henry Doorly Zoo, I highly suggest it. This was our second time there and I have to say I am really amazed by all that it has to offer. We spent about 6 hours walking around and exploring, Samantha was in Heaven! Saturday night we went out for great Mexican at a place called Roja, it was a great time and the waiter even took time to learn Samantha's name and talk to her throughout the evening.
Sunday we headed home, but not before Marc and I took Samantha to "The Diner," I have no pictures of this place but it was very cool. It reminded me of growing up and my uncle Paul taking us to the greasy spoons for breakfast in Denver, I can still hear how he would say it! What a great weekend of just fun!

 
Samantha helping with the bags, this is a REALLY big deal to her!
 
This was one of the largest pieces of Brocolli I have ever seen and she LOVED it! Oh and that is HER salad, this is what she ordered both nights for dinner!
 
Samantha has never asked me to take her picture in front of something, until now. She saw this guy and ran up and said, mommy take a picture!!
 
The longest footbridge!
I am not sure what Sam is doing in this picture, but it is a good one of Marc!
 
Samantha with Aunt Kristin and Uncle Robert!
Again Samantha and her inability to look at the camera!
  
Standing in two states! How fun!
Samantha with Aunt Kate!
 
So I have the same picture of Marc and I kissing over state lines and he told me I could not post it!
 
Zoo Day! Grandma bought Sam a zoo jacket because it ended up a little chill to start!
 
In the dome with Aunt Kristin
 
Isn't he cute!!
Family Picture 2010
Family picture 2008, our first trip to Omaha
  
Aunt Kate & Uncle Daniel
Aunt Kristin & Uncle Robert
I loved these statues and thought these pictures were so cute of her giving the monkey's hugs. She LOVES monkeys!
she might beat 3 feet tall if we could get her to stand up straight! 
Can you tell Sam loved being with Aunt Kristin??? Kristin was sick for almost the whole month of May, so Sammie was super excited that she got to come on the trip with us. They had an overnight date canceled because of her being sick :(
Just Chillin'! This is my favorite Picture of the weekend
They have an aquarium at the zoo with a huge penguin display. Sam is the size of a King Penguin! 
She LOVED the penguins. The kids could get right up on the glass and run alongside them swimming, it was pretty cool.
Can you see the shark above their heads?
  
Sam & Grandma watching them feed the sharks above them.
  
Well I am not sure this is the greatest picture, but there are so few of Sam and I ever together I just had to add it!
Isn't this tank pretty?

  
This sea turtle made me think of Finding Nemo!
  
Samantha 2010
Samantha with Maddie on our trip in 2008!

This is the closest thing we got to a group picture! At the end of the day we rode the tram around the whole zoo to see what we missed!
This picture just makes me laugh!


Family picture in the rain forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive