Saturday, July 16, 2011

Introducing...

Mackenzie Rachel Asquith! She made her appearance the day before our due date on July 15, 2011 at 10:52 am. At 9 lbs and 20 inches long she beat big sister by a few pounds (Samantha was 7 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long).
The story... On Wed I had my weekly appointment and my Dr and I were both of the feeling I would be pregnant through the weekend, which was good because Dr. Cooper was on her way to Chicago for the weekend. Well Marc's brother and his wife were nice enough to decide to keep Samantha on Thursday night as a fun treat. Robert's famous last words were, "see you at the hospital tomorrow." Well Marc and I went for a night out at the comedy club and enjoyed the evening. About midnight I had some contractions, no big deal, but by 2:30 they were strong and close together so up were and headed to the hospital. It was an easy delivery and at 10:15 I asked the dr. to predict what time Mackenzie would enter the world, he said 10:47...lol yeah right they all have crystal balls... Well at 10:40 he came in and said it is time and at 10:52 we had a beautiful baby girl.
Samantha is in love and a great big sister already and we are excited to start this next amazing chapter in our family's book!
3 am headed to the hospital






Samantha was the first to hold Mackenzie (after mommy and daddy of course)



watching the first bath















Love The Asquith
Marc, Nichole, Samantha & Mackenzie

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! We are so happy for you! She is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yay for easy deliveries as well! :) She is beautiful, you are so lucky to have two wonderful little girls-they'll be best friends! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading birth stories! I suppose all that laughing got her going! She's beautiful, and you look great! Love, em

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive