Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving x 2

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend here in Kansas City. Marc and I both had Wednesday off so we used the day to get a few things done around the house and prepare for cooking the BIG meal on Thursday. Thursday, Marc hung our outside lights, we decorated our tree and house. I then cooked a traditional Thanksgiving meal (I am told it is Northern traditional) for Marc's parents, grandad, sister and her husband. We had a great meal (if I do say so myself) and then had fun playing Apples to Apples :). After everyone left I went Black Friday shopping with Mary Kate, Shannon and my neighbor Tracey. We did crazy-r-us at midnight and had a lot of fun standing in lines for three hours before going to breakfast. We got home about 5:30 am and I wish I could say I bought stuff, but I really didn't. On Friday afternoon I drug myself out of bed to join my family in going to Marc's parents house for dinner part two. Friday night we were so excited to add Marc's Aunt Susu from Oklahoma (we get to see her about once a year, if we are lucky) and Robert and Kristin to our festivities. We had a second very yummy meal prepared by my father-in-law (who is a great cook if I do say so myslef) and enjoyed gettting to chat, oh and we got to spend time with Daniel's daughter's Airianna and Madelyn who we wish we got to see more often.
We rounded out the weekend with a trip to Crown Center on Saturday with Marc's parents, grandad and aunt where we had dinner and enjoyed the lights. Marc and I even took Sam around KC in the car to look at some of the better known home decorations :)
What a great weekend. We hope you all had a wonderful time ever you were for the Holidays.  I have learned that the hardest part of being an adult is having to share holidays and not see everyone, but I am so thankful for the time we get with each family member and friend. Enjoy the true picture overload!!!


Samantha on Thanksgiving morning

Decorating

Great-PaPa Bill

Look at these three, makes me think of the song - "you've got a friend in me"


The Bates Family

Cousins

Mary Kate and Bill


These cats have adopted my in-laws and Sam. John and Sam sat out on the porch for about 30 minutes playing with the cats

Aunt Kristin reading to Sam

Uncle Robert playing hide and seek - he is always a sucker for a game with Sam

Sam and Daddy at Crown Center

Grandma and Sam

The gingerbread village


Mayors Christmas tree

Family picture

Great Aunt-Susu

Playing on the train  in front of the foutains

On the train

Crayola has this great indoor play area where Santa is waiting. Everything is made to look like          
giant crayloa products

Family Picture take 2. I love this so much we are going back down to take more pictures this week.

House all Decked Out!

The front of our new house!



The Christmas Tree and bannister

The Foyer... notice the cute snowflakes on the windows, I was so excited about that idea.

Sam's playroom finally put together. The quote says Keep on Dreaming Keep on Dreaming Until Your Dreams Come True

More of the house to come....



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fun event-filled holiday! You're crazy going to black Friday :) I usually go too, actually, but went to bed way too late this year so I didn't get up. I'm glad you guys got to see so much of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! Crown Center looked like so much fun. We'll have to take the kids down there. Too bad we couldn't go when you guys did with the weather being nice:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive